A Bit About Us

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Between the Reservoirs

I think you know how I am not feeling Plein Air and I are working out all that well.  I have trouble seeing the shapes, the values and capturing the color in the magnificent outdoors.  Last weekend we hiked at Curt Gowdy State Park, west of Cheyenne.   


Our destination was the Hidden Falls, about a three mile hike from the trail head and back, through open fields, aspen forests, pine beetle ravaged trees, pastures, over bridges and finally into the little area with a deep pool of water as it pours off a 15 foot water fall.  We visited with numerous hikers along the path as it is a fairly easy hike and the jewel of the falls at the end is worth it.

Between the Reservoirs  Pastel 9x12
While I took lots of reference photos my favorite area was on the way out of the park driving from Granite to Crystal reservoir.  The South Leg of Crow Creek created a lovely marshy area with fluffy grass.  this is what I painted when I returned.   

No comments: