A Bit About Us

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Camp Carefree

Solitude Pastel 12x9
Several years ago Sally Mather and I found this little pond near Roundtop, on the Girl Scout property just west of Cheyenne.  The caretaker gave us permission to enter.  I have returned several times with other artist friends as it is close and quiet and inviting.  Once when Don and I went he found a bizillion blue dragon flies.  He roams and takes photos while I paint.  I love dragon flies.... Next blog I will share my dragonfly quote.   I have painted at this location several times.   The Plein Air piece, Solitude, was started here.   Later it was scumbled out and this piece emerged from the reference photo. 


Secluded Pond Pastel 12x9


This painting was the first and I still enjoy it on my wall in the hall gallery I use  to keep my paintings ready for viewing.   I liked the palette of this one and the rough texture of the pastel.  Which one do you prefer? 

No comments: