A Bit About Us

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Tis the Season for Plein Air

Luscious Iris 9x12

Oh my gosh the gardens at Diane's home near Longmont, Colorado were magnificent.   She and her husband Ken moved here from Connecticut in their retirement and have created a colorful retreat.  The iris and poppies were every where!   Peonies abound and all against the backdrop of the Rockies to the west of their home.  She shared her gardens with seven of us to paint along with Terrie Lombardi, leading a Plein Workshop.  http://www.terrielombardi.com/ Some are dedicated to Plein Air all year round but late Spring is an ideal season to begin seeking the colors and textures in the open air.


Poppies Reign 9x12
These are two of my paintings from the workshop.  I have enough reference photos to do several more... Now for the time to create.

2 comments:

Kabriela said...

FYI - I am bringing my orchid when I visit and trading for Luscious. Lovely!

Gail Watford said...

WOW!!!! Beautiful work, Vanda!