A Bit About Us

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Better Stick to Pastel

Vanda & Barbara at the LCL Maker Workshop
Our Laramie County Library is so much more than lending books.  The maker workshop by Connie Norman was packed with many eager artisans ready to create ceramics just like Connie's.  I  have collected several pieces of her work and eagerly signed up along with my friend Barbara.  Connie demonstrated the various steps to making a slab cup, just like hers.  Roll that clay and scrap the clay and form the clay and mold the clay and smooth the clay.  Create a design and wa-la ready to fire.  Hum..  maybe a bit lopsided and a few letters were backward and askew.  Ah well firing and glazing might hide the flaws.  Nuf said.   A wonderful experience and a deep appreciation for Connie's marvelous creations.  I will get back to my pastel painting soon.  
Cups from the workshop

1 comment:

Connie Norman said...

Hi Vanda
How sweet! I didn't know you posted this on your blog. I still want to trade.
Connie