A Bit About Us

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Another Show

Harvey Deselms has operated his Gallery in Cheyenne for around twenty years.  He offered original art when limited prints were in vogue.  I always felt the spirit of his art in his funky little gallery and bought a few pieces that spoke to me.  Now he is in the renovated Whipple House and has space for a zillion more pieces.  The Laramie County Art Show and Sale opened Thursday during the monthly Art Design and Dine - with suck in your tummy crowds.  I had to leave early and discovered by email, from my pastel pal Gail,  that Ivy and Aster - AKA as Terri's bouquet -  won second place in Pastel.  


The awards are an affirmation of my potential as an artist.  Selling art is the next step.  What makes a piece of art speak to the observer and call to come off the wall and go home to be admired and enLiven the soul?  Tell me why you buy art.

If you want to see another artist I admire check out Teri's site.  http://terigortmaker.fineartstudioonline.com/ 





No comments: