A Bit About Us

Friday, March 25, 2011

enLiven with cards


My current exploration in art began with crafting paper cards.  The words and textures were received with gratitude, inspiring me to continue creating outside of a small card face.  I still take time to craft the cards though many hours are devoted to exploring pastel.  They are handcrafted from a base of card stock.. any color that feels right for the elements that inspire me.  I save HOT coffee holders for the lovely texture and bits of ribbon or twine.  I may cut up an acrylic study that didn't work or layer  small pieces of mat-board from a framing project.  I sometimes use a card front from a greeting card that gladdened my day.  The words are typically from my collection of rubber stamps, often embossed.  Anything that may enLiven, to create a bit of art to brighten your day. 


The dragonfly reminds us to embrace change…living life to its fullest.  It leaves the underwater world it has called home for years to live at the whim of the winds in its brief time as a beautiful flying being.  One can never know what extraordinary adventures may be awaiting us just beyond what our eyes let us see.  Let the winds of change carry you in directions of which you may never have dreamt!

                                              The dragonfly is my touchstone. 



I loved the tag from a shirt and  matched it with this card front.  Inside is reads BLISS







Imagination is more important than Knowledge - Albert Einstein

3 comments:

Sadie E. F. said...

Hi Vanda - Kristin just sent me your blog address after our night of crafting. It will be fun for me to follow along on your art adventures :) I love these cards you made.

Mary's Stamping Happenings said...

Vanda,
Great cards, so glad to help you create.

Unknown said...

Love your cards!!!!