A Bit About Us

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Porch Plein Air

Legacy Pky
It is just three short weeks that the  Prairies to Peaks plein air begins here in Cheyenne.   http://www.deselmsfineart.com/events/  Barbara and I decided to do some porch plein air.  I admit I am not accustomed to long hikes with my significant amount of gear to find a perfect  spot to paint.  Barbara just wanted to try capturing the outdoors as most of her painting has been from reference photos.  Many artists do nothing but plein air painting, finding their inspiration from all of creation.  The mountains, the lakes, buttes, wildlife, meadows and even the windmills, oil rigs and junkyards that coexist.  I am drawn to flowers and water.  So taking the easy route you see my study of the front yard on Legacy.  It still needs some work... values and composition, but that will have to wait as time is up.  


Barbara works BIG.  She had never tried doing the background in turponid to create some values and cover all that white surface.  After she got got home she worked a bit more and then decided to crop in half.  Great way to change it up and make a whole new composition.



No comments: