A Bit About Us

Friday, May 6, 2011

Clay Day at the Guild

Barb's sculpture
I love pastel and still work in mixed media along with crafting my cards.  The workshop, Clay Day by my friend and artist Barbara Wolf, was a perfect way to try sculpture AKA 3D.   She had all the tools and the slabs of clay.  I had asked to try hands, as I love her pieces of hands that clasp or hold a pen or wave.  We had nine in the class and she gave us all the attention we needed to be successful. 




Barb helps me with the baby hand

I decided to place a small hand in my hand, wanting to capture the essence of my grandsons.  Others decided on masculine hands, and a hand to hold soap and another to hold a cigar. 


Ginny - Pam- Sue Ann
Check the Cheyenne Artists Guild web site cheyenneartistsguild.org to discover when the next Clay Day will be scheduled in May, or email me at enliven.art@gmail.com

No comments: