A Bit About Us

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Theta Brainwaves


Market Day  pastel 12x9
I am a bit driven, a type 'A', multitask-er, full of energy - so settling down, finding time to paint as well as finding the focus to create is a bit of a challenge.   I heard about the brainwave activity and capturing the more creative state of Alpha and Theta.  Without going into the science a short definition  explains that when the mind focuses upon the external world, it is at the Beta level. This is my hurry up, get it all done state of mind.  When the mind focuses and increasingly concentrates self-reflectively upon itself and its inner processes, it climbs in awareness from Alpha to Theta, and finally to Delta.  Leaving the mundane Beta state is where I want to go and of course I wanted a short cut to find the creative muses in the Theta level.  You can do you own Google searches to discover the dialog as it is all very intersting.  I found numerous CD's that claim to help the process and play them while I paint.  Ahhh to slow down a bit and just let it all be.  Someday I may learn...or not.   This is my latest painting.  It has memories of my friend and artist Terrie. 

No comments: