A Bit About Us

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Namaste

Namaste  self- harding clay




The gesture is an acknowledgment of the soul in one by the soul in another. "Nama" means bow, "as" means I, and "te" means you.   I say Namaste and show the gesture at the end of my yoga practice, or sometimes a calming gesture or a salutation as I greet a friend.   It is a calming motion for me so perhaps that is why my last 3D class with Barbara Wolf evolved to the figure in Namaste.  Lovely how this art thing works.  I just wanted to do a female figure and as the piece evolved the legs crossed and the hands went into the prayer position and the head bowed.  Kristin, my curly haired daughter, asked if this was her or me.  Perhaps a compilation.   There is one more 3D class at the Cheyenne Artists Guild on June 9th so don’t miss your opportunity to try this art form.  


Namaste side view

No comments: